I am attempting to sew a Scarecrow costume for my son. I haven't sewn from a pattern in a long time and have never made clothing, but I am excited to learn!
So far I have cut out the shirt, marked the fabric, sewn the back peices and shoulders together, and attached a bias strip to the neck.
So far I have cut out the shirt, marked the fabric, sewn the back peices and shoulders together, and attached a bias strip to the neck.
| Pattern layed out for the shirt, pinned and ready to be cut. |
| Bias strip sewn to the neck. I didn't have any bias tape from the store so I used some I had on hand that I had picked up at a thrift store. It works and the blue will not be seen from the outside. |
| Back pieces sewn together, and shoulder seams sewn. |
| Cutting the felt to create a fringe - a.k.a "straw." |
| Two sleeves, one with elastic added and one without. |
| This is the sleeve pinned to the armhole, ready to be sewn. |
| Asher trying on the shirt, with one sleeve on! |
| The completed shirt! |
No comments:
Post a Comment