Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Truly an Adventure

I'm blogging to tell you all about our interesting day on Monday! Jeremy called me early while I was still sleeping and told me he blew two tires! He was waiting for AAA to come and get him. He ended up waiting 1 1/2 hours for them in his car on the highway! (He was almost to Harrisburg). He rode with the tow truck back to our StopNGo where we take the cars, because the tires were warrentied from there. So Asher and I bundled up in the below freezing temperatures and got Daddy. Just as Jeremy was about to leave for school, Asher had discovered a picture I had put out the night before of Jeremy and I. I put it on the floor so he could look at it and he was kissing it. It was so cute. Not 30 seconds later, he was walking near it, fell to his knees, and from his knees he fell directly onto the picture frame glass, breaking it with his head. He had cuts and scratches from the broken glass including one near his eye. There were slivers of glass on his face and I was afraid some were in his eye. So I said we needed to take him to the doc. Jeremy called his school, now saying there was a family emergency and he'd wouldn't be in at all today. Thankfully, the cuts are superficial and there didn't seem to be any glass in his eye! That's good. What an adventure. I tell you, I think this kid does need a helmet. Walking is certainly dangerous business for him! Here's some pics of his battle scars.


And now I'll take a moment to give Kudos to my wonderful Husband, Jeremy, in honor of many anniversaries and holiday we're celebrating. Yesterday was the day we started dating 7 years ago, and Saturday the 9th was the day he asked me to marry him, and of course, tomorrow is Valentines Day!

Let me just start by saying that as a housewife, even as a mother, I feel like I am failing lately. I don't have a lot of energy to put into cleaning or cooking or laundry, that is if I can find a few moments where I'm free of nausea and I've found something to eat that won't make me nauseous. I live for the moment when Jeremy comes home and can help me to corral our curious and disaster prone son. He works very hard at work and then he has to come home and work hard to help me. So I just want to say "thank-you, honey." Yesterday I expressed that I felt useless to him and he said the sweetest thing. He said, "You are not useless to me. I didn't marry you so you could be my housekeeper. I married you because you're my best friend and I just love being with you." That was so comforting to me just to know I'm loved with no strings attached.

Thankfully, having had a great weekend with Jeremy and the extra two days with him at home (during which all those days he helped greatly with caring for Asher. Today was the first poopy diaper I changed since Friday!). Those days helped to restore my energy and my spirits too.

And now here's some more pics of Asher to share. I tried to get a good pic of his curls in the back.

Here are pics from Monday night at Matt and Julie's. They are looking out the window at Grandma coming in, and having a race with their walkers!

Here's a couple videos of Asher walking and showing you what he does during the day to keep Mommy busy!

1 comment:

Earthly Journey said...

Oh!!! His poor little face!!! He's so cute! I just wish I could squeeze him right now!! I loved the videos.. I can't wait to show them to the kids. He sure does keep you busy, eh?? :)