I must admit Val and Julie are much better at keeping up with this, but oh well, I try. Anyway, I'll try to catch up here and make this as interesting as possible! HOME PROJECTS That seems to be what we are ALWAYS doing and/or thinking about lately. Over Christmas vacation, we started to paint our bedroom. So far, we have the ceiling, and one wall done! YAH! Of course, as with any home project we try to do, something went wrong. When trying to peel off the tape that's supposed to peel off easily, it took some of the paint and/or wall with it. Joy. Something to touch up later. We can't even paint a room. Haha. But at least the paint looks good and I picked a color I like. As for the rest of the room decorating I want to do, that will have to come as money allows, as always. It's ok. Keeps me humble. And thankful, hopefully. Money...christmas money...brings me to the other recent home project....dum da dum...the woodstove! Yes, we FINALLY bought a woodstove - at a great price - and had it installed. Of course, the first time we tried to use it, we smoked ourselves out of the house! Yep...unable to establish a draft (something we didn't know about at the time...Jeremy's experience includes building campfires...) the smoke filled the house, causing us to flee to mom and dad's for the night. Thankfully the smell cleared out and didn't linger. Jeremy now knows how to build and indoor fire and has done so successfully - and is very proud of it.

So now the focus is on setting up and cleaning out the basement...again...always. Why do we have so much stuff? Anyway, we need to move the futon to the basement and make that the "guest room" so Asher can move to his big boy room...even though he'll still be in a crib. Anyway...here's the big reason this must happen (soonish)...

Yep, Asher's going to be a big brother! Sometime around September 10th, according to Babycenter.com. Surprise! I'm getting used to it and even getting a little excited! They'll be 18 months apart! Another big thing in our lives is Asher is walking! I'm going to try to put a video on here but I don't know if it will work or not. Here goes...
Yeah! It finally worked. It's so cute to watch him totter around, so proud, yet still a little unsure of himself! Today we went to Mom and Dad's to gather some kindling wood. We took Asher for a walk in the woods. He was so cute holding our hands and walking!

Asher is also self-feeding and eating more table food now. Tonight he ate green beans! It amazes me how much he can eat with only two teeth!

And here's some more random, yet cute pictures of Asher. Asher and Grandma

Asher, 10 months old

Asher kissing Aunt April

Asher and his friend, Cody Mohney

Asher and his girlfriend, Ella Wolfe

Peek-a-boo!
1 comment:
All your pics are so super cute! I love the ones in your parents woods!
Post a Comment