Ellie is 11 months old! She has made a lot of progress. The week we were at the beach (Sept. 2-7) she has had a lot of firsts! The one I am most happy about is that she has finally figured out how to drink from a sippy cup! This is giving me a little more freedom! During the week at the beach, Ellie also learned to wave hi (she now waves to everybody all the time), say hi and hello, and uh-oh. The day after we got home from the beach she said "Asher" when she saw him and "Ellie" when prompted! She also cut her first tooth that week (bottom right), and the second one (bottom left) is very close behind - now just starting to poke through. The top two can be clearly seen under the gums so I suspect they'll all come in rather quickly now. She's growing so much! She can now stand for a few moments on her own before plopping back down, and she can walk when holding one or two hands. She can also walk with her walker toy.
As far as eating, besides drinking milk, water, or juice from her sippy and the usual baby food varieties (including stage 3), she also enjoys scrambled eggs, chicken nuggets, and broccoli if they're cut up really small.
She is doing better at night - sleeping through and not needing to nurse. Daddy has been helping with that and also getting up with her in the morning since he's been home. That has helped her not be so dependent on mommy. (But I still think I'm her favorite person!).
Asher is continuing his potty training, though we haven't gone hard core yet. He has worn underwear several times and kept them dry - only one accident. I'm thinking we'll soon go to underwear and get it done. Something interesting just happened. I heard Asher crying and went upstairs. He was crying very hard when I found him and saying, "I need pee potty." His diaper and jammie bottoms were both off! I quickly comforted him and carried him to the potty where he went! Odd, but perhaps he's really learning how to hold it and what it feels like to go!
Well that's all I have to update for now. Bye bye!
Asher is continuing his potty training, though we haven't gone hard core yet. He has worn underwear several times and kept them dry - only one accident. I'm thinking we'll soon go to underwear and get it done. Something interesting just happened. I heard Asher crying and went upstairs. He was crying very hard when I found him and saying, "I need pee potty." His diaper and jammie bottoms were both off! I quickly comforted him and carried him to the potty where he went! Odd, but perhaps he's really learning how to hold it and what it feels like to go!
Well that's all I have to update for now. Bye bye!

No comments:
Post a Comment