Ellie is 10 months old! I can't believe that in two short months she will be one year old. As you can see, she is still a happy little sweetie. Her sweet smile can melt your heart!
Physically she is changing all the time! She crawls quite proficiently now and also pulls to a standing position. She is also starting to cruise along furniture or toys that she hangs onto. She is very strong and is developing those walking muscles! Speaking of strong, this girl has quite a grip! Try to take anything from her hands and it's quite a struggle! She is wearing size 12 m or bigger in clothes. She doesn't have any teeth yet, but I am thinking they may start to pop through very soon. We are trying to get Ellie to be able to drink from a cup but at this point she still prefers Mommy as her beverage of choice - and cup of choice. Hopefully that will change soon!
What does Ellie like to play with? She still likes anything she can chew on but lately she is getting into some of the toys Asher enjoys - things that light up or make noise. She likes to stand at her Leap Frog table or at the little piano. She just started putting balls in the dragon toy that Asher used to play with...I'll have to get a photo on here. Ellie also enjoys swimming in the pool! She kicks her legs and smiles sweetly.
What does Ellie eat? She eats stage two foods - pretty much everything! She's had small bites of apple too and other things like that. I'll probably try her on the chunkier stage 3 foods soon.
Night time is difficult for Ellie. She needs Mommy to get to sleep and Mommy to get back to sleep if she wakes up. It's quite tiring on all of us and I hope to be able to break her of that soon. We've had to let her cry it out a few times and I think that will have to happen more often soon. I just bought her a Baby Tad of her own to help her sleep at night. That helped Asher when he was a baby and now Tad is his best friend. In fact, he has three of them...long story.
What does Ellie say? MaMa, Dada, Baba, and Puh-Puh. She also likes to sing! When we sing she sings along by saying "Aaaaah". It's very cute.
That's all I can think of right now...more later if I think of it!
Here's something! Ellie has had moments of standing on her own...she just had another one as I handed her a wagon wheel snack. She took it and stood alone and then reached toward me and took a step! She put her hand on my lap to steady herself, but it was almost like a first step!

No comments:
Post a Comment